Saturday, December 3, 2011

Turkey Day- Dickson Style!

I love the holidays! I love seeing family and friends. I love getting time away from work. I even love having time to straighten my house. (not that I do it, but I could!) The only thing I don't really love- all the road time.

I'm not going to complain since the road time is what takes me to the friends and family I love, but I sure do wish Abby would shut up for more than 5 minutes at a time. 3.5 hours on the road with a talkative 2 year old is not anyone's idea of a good time.



Don't let the cuteness fool you. She talks more in a day than Oprah did in her entire career.

Well, the Delks recently made the trek to Dickson for the annual Thanksgiving Day reunion at the White Bluff Community Center. I didn't get any pictures while we were there, but I did get pictures when we all went back to Aunt Hollye's!

The men, along with Hannah, Ingrim, and Hannah's boyfriend went to Emily's house to watch the game and escape the children. I can't blame them since they were the ones to watch the kids at the Community Center playground. :)



The kids behaved themselves, for the most part. Aunt Jenny brought a Veggie Tales to watch and they were all hooked for a little while.



Joshua was focused! I have no idea which movie it was, but it must have been one of his favorites!



Aunt Boo and Aunt Emily. Such style! Such grace! Such good hair!



Abby doing... something. She really enjoyed playing with Sadie's dolls and doll house. (that is NOT a hint for Christmas) Abby even stayed inside to play when everyone else went outside with Aunt Jane.

I know that there are plans for Christmas in Dickson as well, but we are going to have to play that by ear. For the past 3 years we have enjoyed being in our home Christmas day. We'll keep everyone updated!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Looks like all the kids had fun, from the thirtysomethings all the way down!

Love,
Grammy Pat