Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Further Proof...

...that my kid is better than your kid. He puts himself to bed. Not only does he feed himself with a spoon and walk when assisted, but he also knows his schedule so well that he knows when to start climbing the stairs for his bath.
Before this he enjoyed playing with his new birthday toy from his Tia Leah. (Aunt Leah) I don't know what I ever did to her to make her hate me so much. (the toy is a lawn mower. A loud lawn mower) It is his new favorite toy, so I guess I can't complain. I think it might compete Baby Einstein for his affection. :)
In another display of genius, he is walking more and more. He still needs assistance, but he is good at just needing a finger or two to hold. This afternoon, I had to stay at school late for America Night at school. Isaac and I walked all around the building, and he even stood by himself for a good 20 seconds before he realized I was not holding him anymore!! Here he is with Daddy walking down the hall from the living room to the kitchen.

Note to parents of small children: Please don't let your children read this. I wouldn't want this to be part of their future therapy...

2 comments:

Pat said...

Isaac is one smart kid--just ask his mom and his gramma Pat!

Love,
Mom

Jenny said...

Go Isaac Go! I'm totally impressed by the bedtime routine. Joshua's bedtime routine has improved greatly from just a couple months ago, but he doesn't start it himself. :) Perhaps Isaac can have a talk with Joshua this weekend and give him some pointers. :)