Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Catching Up

Sorry, it's been a while. Let me catch you up on a few things that have been going on in the Delk house.

1. My school blog has gotten some recognition!

You can read the article and my blog post about it HERE. My students love knowing that people outside of school are wondering what they are learning. Most days I hear the question, "Will that be on the blog?" at least twice.

2. Isaac is doing extremely well in school! He has been coming home with a smiley face in his behavior folder and gets stickers for his good deeds.



One thing about Pre-K that he loves is when Ms. Cherri sends home a literacy bag. The bag has a book, a notebook and crayons for an extension activity, and usually a puppet or stuffed animal that goes along with the story.

Two weekends ago, Ike brought home the 3 Little Pigs bag, complete with pig puppet. We pretended to be different characters all the way home, during dinner (and we went out to eat that night!), and all throughout the weekend. The only thing that was missing- a Big Bad Wolf puppet.

Well, I used to be creative at one time. I figured, how hard could a puppet be? I got out my felt, scissors, sewing kit, and an oven mitt.
Yes, an oven mitt. I traced the mitt on one side, then flipped the mitt so I would have a 'thumb' on either side. I hand stitched those suckers, and voila! A Big Bad Wolf puppet!



Two sided, cause it looks neat. I couldn't figure out how to make a mouth that looked good, so no mouth for this Wolf!
The kids had the best time playing with the puppets! I sent the Wolf back to school in the literacy bag so others could play. I might make another puppet for the kids though cause they loved them!

3. The twins are potty training. Andy is better at it than Abby at this point, but that doesn't stop her from trying! Today she went to daycare with 'big girl panties' on. She didn't even last until 8am. Oh well. We are going to keep trying!

1 comment:

Pat said...

You are such a smart teacher-mommy! Such a cool puppet! I bet you start a whole new fad for the take homes. And very classy dress little miss Abby is wearing!

Love,
Grammy Pat